Thanks for your interest in speaking and helping us put on an amazing WordFest! We are seeking a wide variety of topics and a diverse speaker pool.
If you submit a proposal, here’s what you need to know:
- Sessions cannot be sales pitches for your product or services.
- Lightning Talk (10 minutes)
- Panel Discussion (40 minutes including Q&A)
- Workshop Style (40 minutes including Q&A)
- Fireside Chat (40 minutes including Q&A)
- Wellness Talk (30 minutes including Q&A)
- The event will follow a 24-hour clock, so your session may be presented at any time, although we will endeavour to be as close to your working day as possible.
- Each session must be pre-recorded, and the speaker available for a live 15-minute Q&A session following their presentation. (If you feel your session should be presented, live, let us know and we’ll consider it with you.)
- Speakers are asked to share our social posts to help build an audience from their followers.
The deadline for speaker submissions is May 24, 2021, at midnight UTC. Selected speakers will be notified by June 7, 2021.
Once speaker applications close, the WordFest organizing team will review the submissions based on topic, assumed interest to attendees, and quality of the application.
If you’d like to propose multiple topics, please submit the form multiple times, once for each topic.
Before registering to become a speaker, we have provided some useful information below.
WordFest is a 100% free and volunteer-driven event, thus we do not have a budget to compensate speakers for their time nor expenses. If cost is a limiting factor for you to attend as a speaker, please speak with the Big Orange Heart team to see if alternative arrangements can be made.
If you have questions or would like to discuss your topic prior to completing the form below, reach out to Michelle via Twitter DM.
The information submitted here is used on our website and for other aspects of organising and running the event.
Submit A Proposal
Please submit a proposal and provide information regarding our sessions below.